WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5TH
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
First and last votes expected: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.Res. __ – Providing for the concurrence by the House in the Senate amendments to H.R. 2838, with an amendment (Sponsored by Rep. Frank LoBiondo / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
2) S.Con.Res. 50 – A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress regarding actions to preserve and advance the multistakeholder governance model under which the Internet has thrived (Sponsored by Sen. Marco Rubio / Energy and Commerce Committee)
3) H.R. 6620 – To eliminate certain limitations on the length of Secret Service Protection for former Presidents and for the children of former Presidents (Sponsored by Rep. Trey Gowdy / Judiciary Committee)
4) H.R. 6602 – To make revisions in title 36, United States Code, as necessary to keep the title current and make technical corrections and improvements (Sponsored by Rep. Lamar Smith / Judiciary Committee)
5) H.R. 6605 – To eliminate an unnecessary reporting requirement for an unfunded DNA Identification grant program (Sponsored by Rep. John Conyers / Judiciary Committee)
6) H.R. 6223 – To amend section 1059(e) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006 to clarify that a period of employment abroad by the Chief of Mission or United States Armed Forces as a translator, interpreter, or in an executive level security position is to be counted as a period of residence and physical presence in the United States for purposes of qualifying for naturalization if at least a portion of such period was spent in Iraq or Afghanistan, and for other purposes, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Charlie Dent / Judiciary Committee)
7) S. 3486 – Patent Law Treaties Implementation Act of 2012 (Sponsored by Sen. Patrick Leahy / Judiciary Committee)
8) S. 2367 – 21st Century Language Act of 2012 (Sponsored by Rep. Kent Conrad / Judiciary Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE WEEK
Natural Resources Committee markup of “H.R. 6364, H.R. 752 and S. 3193”
(Wednesday, December 5th, at 10:00 a.m.)