Coup Under Way In Egypt, President Advisor Says, Warns About “Considerable Bloodshed”, “Tanks On Streets”
مشاهدة بث مباشر: انقلاب الجارية في مصر والمتظاهرين في ميدان التحرير
The Egypt drama is reaching its inevitable, and largely expected, conclusion. From Reuters:
- EGYPT PRESIDENT’S NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER SAYS MILITARY COUP UNDER WAY
- NO MILITARY COUP CAN SUCCEED AGAINST POPULAR RESISTANCE WITHOUT CONSIDERABLE BLOODSHED -MURSI AIDE
- MURSI ADVISER SAYS EXPECTS ARMY, POLICE VIOLENCE TO REMOVE PRO-MURSI DEMONSTRATORS
- EGYPT BROTHERHOOD SPOKESMAN SAYS TANKS ON STREETS, VIA TWITTER
- SEVERAL HUNDRED EGYPTIAN SOLDIERS, TOGETHER WITH ARMOURED VEHICLES, PERFORM MILITARY PARADE ON MAIN ROAD NEAR PRESIDENTIAL PALACE – REUTERS WITNESS
In other words, if Morsi leaves, you get a Civil War.
via Zero Hedge.
Watch Live: Protesters in Tahrir Square
Live Video of Tahrir Square Via Reuters
Mohamed Morsi became Egypt’s first democratically elected president on June 30 last year – but 12 months later, millions of Egyptians are back on the streets to protest against his rule. Mass demonstrations on the anniversary of his accession have led to resignations from Cabinet and the army issuing an ultimatum for politicians to resolve the crisis.
Egypt is on a knife edge. Egyptians are waiting anxiously to find out what is going to happen next. It is a feeling reminiscent of the last days of former President Hosni Mubarak’s rule. The next few hours could change everything.
– Al Jazeera’s Sherine Tadros.