We took the list of the most friendly and most unfriendly cities in the world and left in the American cities that made the list.
Interesting, that the list of unfriendliest cities in America tend to be in the Northeast and are controlled by Democrats. Conversely, the most friendly cities in America tend to be in the Southeast and are controlled by Republicans.
Even though many US travelers who took the poll are left-leaning, it appears that they enjoy being in conservative leaning cities… and are treated better.
Here is the list:
The world’s unfriendliest cities
17. Wilmington, Delaware, United States
13. Albany, New York, United States
12. Los Angeles, United States
9. Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
8. Detroit, Michigan, United States
7. New Haven, Connecticut, United States
3. Oakland, California, United States
1. Newark, New Jersey, United States
What is Wrong with this picture? Newark, NJ beat out Islamabad, Pakistan as the most unfriendly city in the World. Newark, Really, worse than Islamabad, Pakistan, really?
The world’s friendliest cities
14. Galena, Illinois