President Clinton on Hillary’s Trip to Bosnia, Politisite, the Bill Clinton Lie detector.
By Albert N. Milliron
Former President Bill Clinton shared the Bosnia story on the campaign trail at Boonville, Indiana last night. Politisite thought it would be fun to attach a lie detector to President Clinton’s jacket. O.K. that might be a bit harsh, how about a Misspeak detector.
Here are President Clinton’s speech, the content has not been modifed.
“A lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me,” he said. “But there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time (1) late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it (2),
what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995 (3). Did y’all see all that. Oh, they blew it up. Let me just tell you. The president of Bosnia and Gen. Wesley Clark (4) — who was there making peace where we’d lost three peace keepers who had to ride on a dangerous mountain road because it was too dangerous to go the regular, safe way — both defended her because they pointed out that when her plane landed in Bosnia, she had to go up to the bulletproof part of the plane (5) , in the front.
Everybody else had to put their flack jackets underneath the seat (6) in case they got shot at. And everywhere they went they were covered by Apache helicopters. So they just abbreviated the arrival ceremony (7) .
Now I say that because, what really has mattered is that even then she was interested in our troops. And I think she was the first first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt to go into a combat zone (8)(9). And you woulda thought, you know, that she’d robbed a bank the way they carried on about this. And some of them when they’re 60 they’ll forget something when they’re tired at 11:00 at night, too.”
The writer has been shot at, I can tell you the date, time, and situation. Combat Veterans on NP do you agree?
I thought it was interesting that President Clinton would retell this story with almost all of the mistakes outlined. The story was just about to pass from the daily news cycles when the President retold his version of the events. The former President sure isn’t helping Hillary become the President.
So do you really want Hillary to answer that 3 a.m. phone call if she misspeaks when she is tired?
The Mispeak Detecter Results
(1) She told the story three times: Dec 29, Feb 29, and March 17 never at night.
(2) Senator Clinton defended her story for days, 11 days later she said she misspoke, she never apologized
(3) She went to Bosnia in Jul 1996
(4) Clinton’s most prominent military supporter, General Wesly Clark tried to downplay the controversy, “saying that too much is being made of it and sometimes people make mistakes” – Source Washington Post
(5) Every high ranking official is made to get in the front of the plane on landing- Source Talk Radio Interview with Pilot on the Rusty Humphries show.
(6) The Pilot said, “nobody under my watch has ever directed anyone to sit on their flak jackets”. – He did say that he saw people sitting on their flak jackets in the movie Apocalypse now- Source- the Rusty Humphries show
(7) See video – President of Bosnia was there to greet the First Lady.
(8) Pat Nixon visited Troops in Vietnam in 1969. The story in the Book Pat Nixon – The Untold Story is very similar to the story Senator Clinton Tells.
(9) The visit came three months after the war ended with the signing of the Dayton peace accord in December 1995 – Source Associated Press
Col. William “Goose” Changose told radio talk show host Rusty Humphries today that the area was secured for the March 25, 1996, landing, with tanks around the base and helicopters flying overhead.
goosetwo.”I gotta tell ya, I will give it to the commander of Air Base Eagle. He had that place – you know, not only were there no bullets flying around, there wasn’t a bumblebee flying around,” the pilot told Humphries.
Tags: Call | campaign | Clinton | Indiana | march | story | Time | 3 a.m. | amused | attach | because | been | bill | Bosnia | could | covered | days | detector | fulminating | HILLARY | jacket | k | last | Misspeak | Politics | politisite | president | said | thought | whole | With | World | would