told the American people in his weekend address he wanted to “start dispelling the outlandish rumors” about the Democrats’ risky health care experiment.
I couldn’t agree more with the President.
There is no place for outlandish rumor or outrageous rhetoric in the debate for the affordable and accessible health care reform we all want.
Below are some facts that will help you counter the dishonest rhetoric Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and liberal special interest groups are disseminating in their attempt to silence dissent:
- Rhetoric: President Obama Promises Americans Can Keep Their Current Health Care Coverage. “You know, the interesting thing is we’ve actually been very clear on what we want. I’ve said I want to make sure if you have health care you are going to keep it…” (PBS’s “The Newshour With Jim Lehrer,” 7/20/09)
- FACT: Analysis Shows Over 88 Million People To Lose Current Insurance Under Analysis Of The July 15 Draft Of The American Affordable Health Choices Act Of 2009,” 7/17/09) Takeover. “Under current law, there will be about 158.1 million people who are covered under an employer plan as workers, dependents or early retirees in 2011. If the act were fully implemented in that year, about 88.1 million workers would shift from private employer insurance to the public plan.” (John Shelis, Vice President, , “
- Rhetoric: President Obama Pledges Americans Can Keep Their Doctor. “If you like your plan and you like your doctor, you won’t have to do a thing. You keep your plan. You keep your doctor…We’re not going to mess with it.” (President Barack Obama, Remarks At White House Press Conference, The White House, 6/23/09)
- FACT: Mayo Clinic Says Government-Run Health Care Will Force Doctors To Drop Patients. ‘[L]awmakers are on track to approve across-the-board federal payment reductions of $155 billion over 10 years for hospitals … Mayo and similar health systems object to the sweeping cuts. ‘Across-the-board cuts will be harmful to everyone and we think it is particularly bad to penalize the high-value organizations,’ said Jeff Korsmo, executive director of the Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center. ‘We will have to violate our values in order to stay in business and reduce our access to government patients.'” (Phil Galewitz, “‘Model’ Health Systems Press Case For Medicare Fix In Reform,” Kaiser Health News, 7/20/09)
- Rhetoric: President Obama Promises No Additional Taxes On Middle Class. “What I’ve said is, and I have stuck to this point, I don’t want to see additional tax burdens on people making $250,000 a year or less.” (NBC’s “Today Show,” 7/21/09)
- FACT: Democrats’ Plan Imposes 2.5% Tax On Uninsured Individuals. “The penalty assessed on people who would be subject to the mandate but did not obtain insurance would equal 2.5 percent of the difference between their adjusted gross income (modified to include tax-exempt interest and certain other sources of income) and the tax filing threshold …” (Douglas W. Elmendorf, “Preliminary Analysis Of The Insurance Coverage Specifications Provided By The House Tri-Committee Group,” Letter To Chairman Rangel, 7/17/09)
reform health care, but it is the Democrats who do not want to have a legitimate discussion on the issues. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and their liberal special interest cronies are resorting to calling concerned citizens who have questions about their health care schemes “astroturf,” “un-American,” and even “political terrorists.”
One White House aide went so far to say “if you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard” when coaching Senate Democrats on the ways of “Chicago land politics.”
It’s time for the President to practice what he preached on the campaign trail and respect all voices in the health care debate.
Help the spread the facts about the Obama Democrats’ dishonest rhetoric and stop their efforts to silence dissent by forwarding this email to your friends, and if you can, make a contribution of whatever you can afford to the RNC today.
And for more information about Obama’s government-run health care experiment, go to www.BarackObamaExperiment.com. Albert, there’s too much at stake for Democrats and their left-wing allies to dominate the debate on health care reform with misinformation, name calling and scare tactics. Please help Republicans fight back today!
Chairman, Republican National Committee
P.S. Albert, over the past 8 years, Democrats repeatedly claimed dissent is the highest form of patriotism. Now that Americans across the country are speaking out against the Obama Democrats’ risky government-run health care experiment, they call anyone who disagrees with them “un-American.”