We could say the Same to the House Democrats as well. Hey, Let me help you pack. Obama’s sum total of job creation seems to be the Republican Party.
Today’s moment of conservative zen comes from New Jersey, where Gov. Chris Christie is taking on the greedy public sector fat cats head on.
About the only thing that could make that clip any better would be a few uses of the word “jackwagon.” But we’ll let that slide.
For a little background, go here:
The day before the meeting Seitz is quoted in the Daily Record as saying, “Because of the proposed salary caps, I have to look at my future and the financial welfare of my family. I certainly would have options if I didn’t feel the compensation in this district, or New Jersey, is appropriate.”
The governor reacted to Seitz’s veiled threats to leave New Jersey and go to a nearby state where there is no state salary. “I will say in response to Mr. Seitz, ‘Let me help you pack.’ We have real problems in our state that we have to fix and we don’t have the time, nor the money, nor the patience any longer for people who put themselves before our citizens,” Christie railed.
Christie is brilliant to individualize the issue by making an example of Seitz. The fact is, public sector salaries have gotten out of control and the educational system is a prime example. And the problem isn’t unique to New Jersey by any means. For starters, 7 of the top 10 richest counties in the United States surround — literally — Washington, D.C. That’s no coincidence. And taxpayer money is increasingly being used for lobbying — to spend more taxpayer money. Is it any wonder that our country is in the mess it’s in?
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on Chris Christie
- » Quote of the Day – 11/14/10 NoisyRoom.net: The Progressive Hunter
- SNL Hits Obama On Chinese Debt AgainUpdate: Dear Lord, This New …
- The Race For 2012 And Why An Unpopular Barack Obama Could Still Be …
- Related posts on Education
- Career prospect in early childhood education | Teach our children
- EDUCATION: Florida GOP Silence | Practical State
- Give one percent of earnings for education: Badal to Sikhs …