Egypt’s President Mubarak is expected to give a speech some time after 10:00 local time (3:00 p.m. ET) to step down as President after nearly thirty years of rule. Egyptian TV began covering the protests along with video from Independence Square earlier today reveling a change in their coverage.
Egypt’s President Hosni Mubarak looked likely to step down on Thursday after the military high command took control of a nation gripped by more than two weeks of unprecedented protests in what some said was a military coup.
Read full coverage at Mubarak likely to quit, opponents fear coup | Reuters.
Update: 9:58 p.m. local Cairo time – Reuters flash says Minister of Information says Mubarak is definitely “not” going to step down
- Related Posts
- Watch Al Jazeera English Live: iPhone, Android, Online & Satellite
- Egypt Brotherhood talks of coup, but retracts comment www.reuters.com
- Factbox: The changing U.S. reaction to Egypt’s crisis www.reuters.com
- Chaos in Egypt: Mubarak about to step down? Update: Transferring
- Egypt: Children, Fish and Cats Ask Mubarak to Leave · Global Voices