TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie’s office has released a statement responding to allegations made today that the Republican governor knew about the controversial lane closures at the George Washington Bridge when they happened last year.
“Mr. Wildstein’s lawyer confirms what the governor has said all along — he had absolutely no prior knowledge of the lane closures before they happened and whatever Mr. Wildstein’s motivations were for closing them to begin with,” the statement said.
“As the governor said in a Dec. 13 press conference, he only first learned lanes were closed when it was reported by the press and as he said in his Jan. 9 press conference, had no indication that this was anything other than a traffic study until he read otherwise the morning of Jan. 8. The governor denies Mr. Wildstein’s lawyer’s other assertions.”
Read More – Christie Responds